Tuesday 30 December 2008

I - the awakening

One of my favorite writings, fuelled with emotions and a keen sense of achievement. I came up with this verse on the eve of my graduation. For the first time ever in my adult life an accomplishment that raided my head, these are a few lines I hold very close to my heart.

I- the awakening
I am the mountain I am the sea
I am the wind and I am free
I am the sun burning and hot
I am not a coward that’s what I am not!
I am the bird soaring the sky
I am the jet plane flying high
I am the star shining and bright
I am David with Goliath’s might
I am the moon with its craters
I am good but I can be better
I am thankful for your nicety
I am not cold hearted if I don’t show pity
I am what I am; it is what I choose to be
I am not bothered about what others see
I am sporting if you are too
I am forgiving, so forgive me too
I am as frank as can be
I am sorry but that’s just ME!
- Trupti, May 22nd 2003

1 comment:

Life Goes On said...

Well versed...!!! You have a flair for writing...you should continue writing both prose and poetry.... ...have you penned anymore?
will be glad to read many more of these.